Are you finding it difficult of sending money from the USA to Nigeria bank account?
Going through this article would answer those questions.
Money can be sent from the USA to Nigeria bank account through the use of applications like WorldRemit, PayPal, MoneyGram, western union, Remitly, Xoom, and a lot more which I would spell out.
How can someone in the USA send money to someone in Nigeria?
Some of the best money transfer services for sending money to Nigeria from the United States are listed below.
- Wise (formerly known as TransferWise)
- Western Union.
- Xoom, powered by PayPal. Remitly.
How can I receive money from the USA?
- A Multi-Currency Account.
- Online Payment Gateways.
- A Bank Transfer minus the Bank.
What is the best app for sending money to Nigeria?
List of Money Transfer Services and Money Transfer Apps for Sending Money to Nigeria
- RIA Money Transfer
- Sendcash Africa
Remitly accepts credit and debit cards, and with their Express option, money can be sent in minutes
.Because Remitly has no minimum transaction amount, it can be useful for sending small amounts to family or friends living abroad.
We like Remitly because it is less expensive than Xoom/PayPal or Western Union. Payments can also be made via the Remitly website or mobile app.
How much does it cost to send money to Nigeria?
Transfer Fee: The “Economy” fee is $2.49, but if you want the money sent faster, their “Express” fee ranges from $3.99 to $19.99.
The exchange rate is: The exchange rate you receive is determined by the amount of your transfer and the country to which your funds are being sent.
How much time does it take?
It is dependent on the service you select. It is faster with “Express,” but you must pay with a credit card, and the fees are higher. When you pay by bank transfer, “Economy” is slower but less expensive.
Is Remitly secure?
Remitly is secured. They are fully authorized and licensed.
The best features of Remitly.
- The individual can receive their money transfer through a bank deposit, cash pick-up, mobile money, or home delivery.
- If your money does not arrive on time, you are entitled to a refund.
- Cancellation requests can be made on the same day.
- Signing up is simple, and money transfers on mobile phones or laptops are quick.
How does it work?
- Navigate to the Remitly website.
- When you’re ready to pay, simply enter your name, card number, expiry date, and card verification information.
- Bank transfers or SWIFT payments are also options for sending money from the United States.
WorldRemit is a company that specializes in remittances and small transfers. They are ideal for personal money transfers from the United States to Nigeria of up to USD 5,000.
Their rates are typically lower than those of your local bank, and they provide more flexible delivery options than other companies.
Cost of transferring in Worldremit?
Bank Transfer Fees: Starting at USD1.99 for small amounts, the fee increases as you send more, all the way up to USD6.99 for large amounts.
Cash Pickup Fees: Starting at USD1.99 for small amounts, the fee rises as you send more, all the way to USD27.99.
WorldRemit charges a margin on the exchange rate.
USD5,000 is the maximum transfer amount.
How much time does it take?
The majority of transfers are completed in under an hour. Cash transfers are typically ready for pick up within minutes.
The best features of WolrdRemit
- In some countries, it provides cash pick-up, bank deposits, Mobile Money, and airtime top-up.
- The simple online platform and mobile app
- Cost transparency with an accurate calculator tool
- Customer service is available 24 hours a day, seven days
How to Use WorldRemit to Send Money
- Create an online account and log in.
- Enter the amount, the method of transfer (cash pickup, bank deposit, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up), and the destination. Fill in the blanks with the information for your recipients.
- Make a local US payment to WorldRemit using a bank transfer or your debit or credit card. Is it illegal to send money to Nigeria?
Western Union is one of the world’s oldest and largest money transfer companies. You can also send money to Nigeria in a variety of ways.
You can send money to them online, via their app, or in person at one of their locations across the United States. They provide money transfers into bank accounts as well as cash collection services.
How much does it cost in transferring money to the western union?
With so many payment options available, it’s difficult to calculate the cost without using their online calculator.
The fees you pay and the exchange rate you receive will vary depending on the following factors:
- The sum you’re sending.
- The fees vary depending on whether you make the transfer via an app, online, or in person.
- Western Union payment methods: fees vary depending on whether you use a credit card, a debit card, a bank transfer, or pay in person.
- If the person in Nigeria receives the money in cash or a bank account.
Xoom is a convenient money transfer service, but it is expensive when compared to other money transfer services.
How much does it cost in transferring money in Xoom?
Transfer Fee: varies depending on the amount and method of payment. If you pay by bank transfer, there is no fee; however, if you pay by card, there is a percentage fee.
Exchange rate: When you convert US dollars (USD) into Nigerian Naira, a margin is added to the exchange rate (NGN).
How much time does it take?
It will take approximately 1-2 business days. Transfers made before 11 a.m. EST on a bank business day will be received by 5 p.m. EST the next business day.
Is the Xoom (PayPal) website secure?
They are, indeed. They are powered by PayPal, one of the oldest and most trusted online payment platforms for secure online money transfers.
The best features are:
- A company that is secure, trustworthy, and fully licensed and authorized
- Using the app, you can pay recipients’ bills or reload their phones.
- Text or email status updates regularly
How do I send money using Xoom?
- Create an account and log in.
- Enter how much you want to spend and where you want to spend it. Enter the information for your recipients. Enter your payment method.
- The recipient receives money in the form of a bank account or cash that is available for pick-up at an agent location.
RIA MONEY TRANSFER
RIA money transfer is one of the world’s largest money transfer services. It is available in 314,000 locations across 144 countries.
Aside from money transfers, RIA Money Transfer also provides bill payments, debit card services, money orders, and tracking.
Transfer fee and limit: There are no hidden fees or charges with RIA Money Transfer. If you want to send money with RIA, you must first register for an RIA account by visiting RIA online.
For sending money to Nigeria, RIA offers three payment options: bank account, debit, or credit card. You can also track your transaction until the money is delivered to the intended recipient.
The RIA Money Transfer Limit for Nigeria is $500 in currency. The money will be given to the recipient in US dollars, not naira equivalents.
How to get the transfer: The person receiving the funds must show proof of identities, such as a Nigerian national identity card, driver’s license, or international passport.
Also, include the PIN provided by the sender. Also, include the amount of money sent by the sender.
Paystack is an online payment gateway that allows merchants to accept credit and debit card payments from users or customers.
Paystack is an independent contractor for all purposes, providing this website and services as an independent service provider.
How it works.
If the person in Nigeria to whom you want to send money has a Paystack account, they can send you a payment link that they can create in their Paystack dashboard.
The payment must be made with a debit or credit card. Paystack is a payment collection platform used by Nigerian businesses, creatives, and freelancers all over the world.
Paystack is a viable alternative to money transfer services and their associated problems. The recipient of your money transfer to Nigeria, on the other hand, must have a Paystack account.
Is Paystack the same as PayPal?
Paypal is a global online payment system that facilitates online money transfers for all types of commercial transactions while Paystack is a financial computations transaction software designed for businesses of all sizes in Africa to facilitate online and offline transactions.
Can I receive money in my bank account from abroad?
You can receive money from abroad by transferring funds directly from the sender’s bank account to your bank account.
Typically, these transfers are costly because banks charge significant exchange rate margins and fees when transferring funds between currencies. How do I transfer money to a Nigerian bank account?
Is it possible to send money to Nigeria?
Yes, it is simple to transfer funds to a Nigerian bank account. You can transfer funds directly from your bank account in the United States to the account of your receiver in Nigeria.
How long does a wire transfer from the United States to Nigeria take?
On average, an international wire transfer can take one to five business days for funds to arrive in the recipient’s account. International wires can take longer at times.